Posts Tagged ‘Tests’
Grade 10 and 11 examination
The learners of grade 10 and 11 will be examined on the 14 July and 15 July respectively as far as paper 3 is concerned.
The learners must be aware that the examination will be scheduled from 08:00 till the end of the school day. The examination will take place in E7 and T1.
A parents’ morning to hand out report cards for the June assessment will take place on Saturday 17 July from 08:00 – 10:00.
Only the parents / guardians can collect the report cards.
There are still report cards that have not been collected from the parents morning of Saturday 17 April 2010. Please parents, it is your responsibility to collect the report cards.
The test series for the third term will start on 21 July and will end on 19 August 2010.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE EXAMS, MAY- JUNE 2011
The exams of the school will start officially on Monday 30 May 2011 for Grade 10 – 12 learners.
1.1 Regulations during the exam time.
Grade 8 learners
Learners must report to school at 07:10 if they are writing a subject. If learners do not write on a specific day, they may stay at home.
The sessions will start at 07:30 until 09:30.
1.2 Arrangements: Gr 8 – 9
These learners will follow the normal school timetable from the 30 May – 3 June. They will be allocated to different venues.
The exam for Grade 8 -9 will start officially on Monday 6 June 2011.
Grade 10 – 12 learners
Learners must also report 07:10 if they are writing a subject on that particular day. The exam session lasts until the end of the time allocated of the paper. Learners must please study their exam timetable meticulously. No apologies will be accepted for late comers or those who have misinterpreted their exam timetable.
1.2.1Saturday Exam Sessions
Please be informed that on Saturday 4 June 2011 AND 11 June 2011 there will be examination sessions for gr 10-12.
1.3 School wear
During exams learners must wear the prescribed school uniforms. Learners will not be allowed to write exams if they are not correctly dressed and if they do not obey the code of conduct (pages 5 – 9 in homework dairy). No cell phones,”walkman”/ ipods, playing cards or any kind of game will be allowed. These items will be confiscated.
Even if learners are not writing any exams and they are visiting the school, they must be dressed in full school uniform.
1.4 Absence during the exam
If learners are absent during the exams, they must present a valid doctor’s certificate, the first day back at school, or else they will receive no marks for that particular paper.
Any exam is an opportunity for the learners to prove themselves and to get acceptable marks. Will you as parents please see to it that your children prepare themselves for the coming exams. Please keep them at home to study.
At Vorentoe we want learners to earn what they work for; therefore, no dishonesty will be tolerated. We would like to wish all the Vories the best of luck for the coming exams.
1.7 Rules for the examination
Learners have to report at 07:00 (for the early session) and for the later session an hour before the paper starts.
1. Please take note of the starting time for midday and afternoon sessions.
The learners must be on time at the venues because there are arrangements to be made before the session starts.
2. No learner will be allowed with a cell phone, books or any electronic device in the exam venues.
3. If you are in an exam venue you have to remain silent. No learners will be allowed to make remarks, noises or talk in the venue before the end of the paper. This kind of behaviour will be seen as an irregularity and the learner will be penalised accordingly. Stay in the classroom until the end of the session.
4. Learners must be properly dressed in full school uniform (Winter).
5. If a learner is absent and cannot write on a specific day, he/ she has to submit a doctor’s certificate.
6. No arrangements will be allowed to start earlier with exam papers.
7. Learners must be on time and late- comers will be penalised by not being allowed extra time.
8. Learners have received an exam time table and they must be aware of the dates, venues and starting times.
9. No learner will be allowed to rewrite any missed paper at a later stage.